Hunter Macros

Two posts in one day! I have been meaning to post this one for a while so here it goes...

Leveling up my hunter I found it more and more difficult to place things on my hot bars and keep my interface usable. In order to save a ton of space I resorted to the use of some macros that I just can't live without any longer. I'm not going to go through the process of how to create macros, so if you need an introduction go here.

Aspect Macro

This macro simplifies the use of my Hunter Aspects. I have this bound to one of the buttons on the side of my mouse, and through the use of the key modifiers (shift, alt, ctrl) I can easilly switch which Aspect I am using without any trouble at all. And most importantly I don't even need to display the button bar this is attached to (I use bartender as my hot bar manager).
/castsequence [nomodifier] Aspect of the Hawk, Aspect of the Viper
/cast [modifier:alt] Aspect of the Pack
/cast [modifier:shift] Aspect of the Monkey
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Aspect of the Beast
As you can see if I do not use a modifier it will just toggle back and forth between Hawk and Viper which is what I am doing almost all the time. 5 hot bar slots saved

Sting Macro

Here is another of my space saving macros:
/cast [nomodifier] Serpent Sting
/cast [modifier:alt] Viper Sting
This simply lets me use my default sting as Serpent Sting, but in there rare case when I need to use Viper sting I can just by hitting Alt then my key binding. 2 hot bar slots saved.

Pet Attack / Hunter's Mark Macro

Now this is something I found very useful.

/cast Hunter's Mark
/petattack [modifier:shift]
I have this bound to T (for target). Just hitting T will cast Hunter's Mark on the target but if I hit Shift - T it casts Hunter's Mark AND send my pet in to attack. This also has the side effect of reassigning the Hunter's Mark to whichever target I want my pet to switch to.

OMG Melee Macro

If in the unlikely event that you find yourself meleeing something (maybe in PVP). You can just mash this macro to dump the hurt on something in close range.
/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Mongoose Bite
/attack

Mount Macro

I know there are addons I can use to do this but I'm a macro kind of guy.
/cast [modifier:alt] Tawny Wind Rider
/cast [nomodifier] Great White Kodo

These were just a few examples of some of the macros I use. More to come in the future once I work out the kinks in some of the others I am working on. If anyone has any suggestions for useful Hunter macros, post them up!

No comments: