Fury Warrior Karazhan Tips (Part 1)

Now that I am Exalted with the Violet Eye and have brought down all the bosses in Kara other than Netherspite and Nightbane I figured I would post up some of the tips and tricks I have learned running as a Fury Warrior in Kara so far. It's a long post so settle in and read on!



Attumen Trash Mobs

Mobs are stunnable so you can use Intercept to help mobs that break Crowd Control early. Just make sure to turn off Attack when you intercept to avoid breaking the new CC when it hits. Just intercept and then get back to the mob you are supposed to be DPSing. This is great for helping Hunters whose traps break early and their timers are almost up. Good group communication will help a lot here.

Midnight / Attumen

The most important thing to remember on this fight is that as a Fury Warrior you likely have a high Hit Rating as well as the half forgotten Defensive Stance in which you can Disarm. Help the tank that is holding aggro on Attumen by running over and Disarming him every time your timer is up. I put the Revenge skill on a side bar just so I can watch the cool down timer expire while I am in Berserker Stance.

Other than that this fight is just a straight up DPS fest. I tend to end up capped on threat when we are burning down Midnight. After he mounts up I tend to ramp up my DPS slowly so when I pop Recklessness at 20% I don't pull aggro before the timer is up or he dies.

Moroes Trash Mobs

I love the AoE pulls, especially if we have a Pally tank. What I do on these is pull aggro immediately on one of the non-elites and hit Berserker Rage to increase my Rage generation. Then I pop Sweeping Strikes, Whirlwind, and then spam Cleave throwing another Whirlwind every time I can. Chances are when the mobs get low you will drop one and the you can spam Victory Rush and drop a few in rapid succession.

Don't pull aggro on the Valets or Stewards as they are certainly capable of one shotting you when in Berserker Stance.

Moroes

Make sure you are DPSing the right targets, Intercept Shackles or Traps that break early to give the Priests/Hunters that extra second or two to get their mobs locked down again. Watch your threat once you are beating on Moroes. A few unlucky Blinds/Gouges on the tank and you will have Moroes beating you down.

Maiden Trash Mobs

What I like to do here is aggro the wolfhounds that spawn hit Berserker Rage, Sweeping Strikes and go to town with the Cleaves helping bring down the main target while holding the wolfhound away from the squishies.

Maiden of Virtue

I love this fight, well any fight where rage is basically unlimited. Just stand behind the Maiden and do as much DPS as possible. If your DPS is over and above your raid tanks ability to generate threat, wear one or even two of your threat reduction trinkets if you need to.

Opera Trash

Avoid pulling aggro on pretty much anything in this section. A lot of the mobs are un-tauntable so if you do chances are you are going down in a hurry. (I die a lot in this section because I am trigger happy). When fighting the performers stand in the spotlight that comes down on them, it will increase your DPS by a decent amount.

Opera (Crone)

During the Crone event tank Tito when he spawns, he doesn't hit hard and with Berserker Rage up he will drive up your Rage generation quite a bit. Another tip here is to throw some quick DPS on Roar as soon as he is up to get initial threat in on him. That way every time the fear breaks on him he runs back at you instead of going right at whoever is fearing him (in our case almost always a Warlock). You will occasionally end up taking a hit or two from Roar on a resisted Fear, but thats what they made Healthstones and Pots for. When I see Roar beelining for me I switch to Defensive stance (which pulls out my shield auto-magically) just in case he makes it to me.

Opera (Big Bad Wolf)

On the Big Bad Wolf fight break the fears and follow him all the way around the room when he is chasing someone. Stay to the middle of the room and you can hit him the whole way around easily. Easy fight.

Opera (Romeo and Juliet)

I am exhalted with the Violet Eye and I have yet to see the Romeo and Juliet event at the Opera. Once I do and come up with some tips for it I'll post them up.

Trash up to Curator

Be aware of the untauntable mobs and watch your threat. When the big arcane constructs hit you or the tank with the overcharged debuff (I forget what it is called) move away. Be aware that you cannot generate any Rage on the large Arcane Elementals in the pulls right before the Curator so concentrate your DPS on the smaller guys and fill your Rage bar to dump on the big guys.

The Curator

A Fury Warrior is an ideal candidate for soaking up the Hateful Bolts on this fight. It caps our Rage pool and we have more than enough Health to soak it up. With the additional damage taken during an Evocate is is the ideal time to use Recklessness. I usually wait until the 2nd, or (if DPS is slow) the 3rd Evocate, to pop Recklessness. During an Evocate your Heroic Strikes and Bloodthirsts will be critting for almost 5k each. I use a 1.4 Spd Dagger in my main hand during this fight to get as many Heroic Strikes as possible in during the Evocate. Normally the Curator goes down on this fight just as my Threat is about to pass the Main Tanks, I take it easy during the non-Evocate stages of the fight to make sure I have enough of a buffer to allow for a Recklessness boosted Evocate phase. No one should even come remotely close to you in damage on this fight. Another fight where it may help to wear threat reduction trinkets if you need them.

Fury Warrior Karazhan Tips (Part 2)

No comments: